Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Prepping for Read Across America With...SNACKS!


Hey friends!  I have been a bad, bad blogger haha.  But what else is new!  I am much better with Instagram so if you're looking to really stay on top of what I'm up to...that's the place!  With Read Across America Week coming up (February 26th-March 2nd) I have begun my "to do" list for the week.  Our Reading Team will be giving out an official list of school wide activities, but I always celebrate in class as well.  One of the biggest ways my class and I celebrate is by reading a Dr. Seuss book and enjoying a fun snack that goes with the theme of the book.  We do other more traditional craft like activities but stories and a snack are by far our most fun!

Are you ready?  Here are some of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories that are simple to link with a snack!







Here is a list of what you will need to complete the above book/snack combos:

  • "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" and a giant box(es) of Goldfish crackers.
  • "Hop on Pop" and a big bag(s) of popcorn.
  • "The Lorax" and a box(es) of Trix cereal
  • "If I Ran the Circus" and animal crackers
  • "Bartholomew and the Ooblek" and a big jug of green juice OR green jello cups
  • printer address labels
  • snack sized bags (I prefer these smaller ones than the sandwich bags)



Now for a few side notes:

  • I do try to look for healthier options when it comes to the snacks.  Sometimes it's unavoidable if you are going for a theme but, for example, I will choose whole grain goldfish, a healthier popcorn, etc.  Not always easy but I try my best!
  • I will not be posting pre-made labels as a freebie or a paid product.  Since I used them for my classroom only, I just googled the images and put them on the labels.  It's super easy and if you need any help let me know.
  • These are all easily prepped ahead of time and require NO COOKING OR BAKING.  My favorite part!  And if a student is absent (besides the juice/jello) it's easy to save them a baggy for the next day.

Please SHARE, SHARE, SHARE this post and any other posts (here or on Instagram) that you find useful!  I hope these suggestions will help you a bit when it comes to your prep for that week!  Let me know if you used any of these suggestions OR if you came up with any super cool book/snack ideas yourself!


No comments :

Post a Comment